Sunshine and Fire
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
  The love of my life ;)
My husband did not take me for Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (KANK). It was not deliberate. He did not say "No way!" or "Why don't you take your mother out for this movie sometime". Just the casual busy at work, busy weekends but bottomline is: it did not happen. At least he didn't say "If I knew you'd expect me to take you to KJo movies, I wouldn't have married you". I'm sure quite a few women have heard that the past month. The dating ones are luckier, their guys will grin and bare it :)

So that sets me thinking (been doing that so much since i started writing this blog.... I'm proud of me ;)) why would I want to watch KANK? Opulence and beauty....yes.....there's a lot of that in KJo's movies. Amazing houses, beauiful landscape, beautiful women made up to blend into the oppulence sorrounding them, men in lavish designer wear. That is it.It's not because I want to see the director's take on the issue of extra-marital affairs. I've seen enough of his movies to know he is incapable of handling a subject as mature as that. Acting? This guy has a team of the biggest names in Bollywood today wedded to his banner. With the exception of the very talented Kajol who somehow seems to hold her ground and be herself even in his movies, this is my take on the rest:

  • Abhishek Bachchan: He's the newest addition to the clan. Also my current favourite in Bollywood. I hope he does not get sucked into this genre....he's been doing so well recently.
  • Preity Zinta: She's pretty, full of energy, hip....quite belongs in a KJo movie. Not sure if I'm giving her a compliment there...but i like watching her.
  • Rani Mukherjee: She's been there in all KJo movies....so sickly sweet....it kills me. So much so, I found her a big miscast in Bunty aur Babli, an otherwise great movie.
  • Amitabh Bachcan: This man is great!!! I'd chose him over anyone else. Movies are being made just so as to cast him. Remember Sarkar,Khakee etc. And then KJo goes ahead and make a fool of him....always.... I heard Sexy Sam in KANK is the pits.
  • Shahrukh Khan: Finally, the object of my hatred. But at least I can't blame KJo for this guy.
Which brings me to the love of my life ;) I have realized that I'm a poor blogger. My subject matter is yet to make his entry. But what the heck.....it's my blog. So here's the deal.... I love Aamir Khan. I have loved him ever since I first saw him with the guitar in "Papa kehte hain" in Chitrahaar on Doordaarshan. Spent many more evenings after that trying to catch a glimpse of him but to no fruit.
When we were kids we hardly went for the movies. It was only in 1990 that I saw QSQT (1988) on VCR. Then I made a conscious effort to make up for lost time. Watched all his movies whether hit or flop. It wasn't all that difficult.....considering he did only a couple of movies at a time.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Name:
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India
Archives
August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2009 / July 2020 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]